The Von Merzenburg Fund for New Initiatives

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

PRINCE ALBERT AND CHARLENE WITSTOCK'S WEDDING: BORED!!


It sure seems like it's been a busy summer!

So many parties and events - I'm going to be as big as a barn before you know it. I don't look forward to all the time I'm going to have to spend at the colonic spa. Yuck!

But yes. This weekend was the wedding of Prince Albert to the model.

I've been deluged by emails asking me for details of the wedding. So let me tell you!

We were disappointed. Nothing really went wrong and Princess Charlene (does that even sound right?) played it safe with her fashion choices. Yawn! I did love the cake, however!

There was an eerie atmosphere as well. Perhaps as many as half of the guests (male and female) were once lovers of Prince Albert, so that may have been part of it. Most people pretty much knew, exactly to whom Prince Albert had done it and they all kept giving each other looks, like - "Can you believe we're here?" To which, I would interject - yes! You're here! I guess they just thought that they had to see it for themselves.

Princess Maxima and I sat our table and pointed out each lover as they went by - and tried to put them in order. That's how bored we were! We argued quite a bit about it! She knew names that I didn't and I knew a lot more that she didn't. It was quite fun actually. When we finally got our fill of our little game, we went around and showed our friends the list to see if we were correct. And wouldn't you know it? We were pretty much spot on. A lot of people were shocked at the list we came up with and requested copies. We were about to ask one of the waiters to make copies, but then we thought we should wait until the wedding was over. We didn't want it to get to the bride. Regardless of her motivations, it IS her special day.

(I said we would send copies in the mail or post it online.)

But at the end of the day, it was just another wedding. Just another one of our friends marrying a commoner.

What is WITH that? We were talking, and I think that it's going to have to stop soon. It's just something that the public doesn't want to see. I said that the people don't think it's a "real" royal wedding if both the bride and groom aren't noblesse. It's just not as "special" for the public. Don't you agree?

And P.S. Don't forget to buy the book - "Dear Franz" now available on Amazon. It's for your little Kindles, or iPad or whatever. You can even download Kindle for PC or Kindle for Mac! Don't forget!!

No comments:

Post a Comment