The Von Merzenburg Fund for New Initiatives

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

THE SUMMITS OF THE DOLLS!


Dear Franz,

Maybe you are too young to understand this, but what does one do when getting old? I don’t have the energy I once had. My quality of life is going down. I need to find a better job but I am getting nowhere. The future seems so bleak. There is nothing to look forward to. How do I cope with the next 20 years of misery?


Wow!

How do you know you have 20 years left? One never knows. You may have 30 or 40. You could live to be the oldest person alive! One never knows. Be prepared!

I imagine that this question has more to do with your loss of looks. Is that it? Are you wondering how you're going to survive the coming years with the way you look now?

Because you don't have to settle for that. Change your looks!

It seems to me as though this reader hasn't heard of the miracles of pills and plastic surgery! Don't you all agree?

What you need to know reader, is that there's pretty much a pill for everything nowadays! Think about it - it's 2011!

Sad? There's a pill for that.
Slap happy? Take a downer.
Fat? Take a diet pill.
Unmotivated? Take an ADD pill.

And so on, and so forth... (It sounds like the reader needs quite a combination!)

Perhaps there's a stigma that comes along with taking too many pills. But that's up to you to feel guilty about it. Why not try giving your pills a new name, like "dolls?"

Red doll makes me happy, Blue doll makes me sleep...

You know!

And I can already hear the emails being read to me: "You copied that from that book 'Valley of the Dolls!'"

And well whatever, yes. It's true. But apparently not everybody's read it. I'm just giving the readers some "tips" and "ideas" from the book in case they haven't!

There's a reason why that book has been in print for 40 years: so many wonderful tips and life lessons to help out everyday people - just like this depressed reader!

But remember that the title of this classic novel/self-help book is somewhat misleading. A "valley" is a low-point, it's true. But you have to remember - that with every valley, there are hilltops! Just like Neely O'Hara, you too can climb back up those hills with a little help your "friends." So shop around for doctors, and keep experimenting. Find out what's going to work for YOU!



Make sure to buy the eBook, available on Amazon: Dear Franz, Advice for Everyman from the Duke of Merzenburg! UPDATE: It's soon to be available on iTunes, Sony and Barnes & Noble... I'm not sure what all this means, but if it has meaning to you - make sure to buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment