The Von Merzenburg Fund for New Initiatives

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Diet Emergency!


Dear Franz,
I have a dilemma... I have a doctors appointment today to get some diet pills, but my funds are low due to partying and travels. Do you think I should keep the appointment for today or reschedule for next week. I should add I am going to the beach again in a few weeks and I need to slim down quick.. What should I do?


Dear Reader,

It sounds like an emergency to me. Let your doctor know your situation and tell him or her to send you the bill. They'll understand. In the meantime, it sounds like you need some of my quick tips to lose a little weight. Or as we rightfully call it in German, I believe translated it means "to de-bacon".

One of my old favorite tips that I haven't shared in a while is The Almond Plan. I haven't gotten trademarked yet, so whoever is thinking about stealing it, don't. But if anyone has an idea to turn these three simple steps into a bestselling diet book, please write to my assistant. (I can see the cover of the book, and I can see the title on a best seller list, but I don't know what else..)

The Almond Plan is simple:

1. Calculate the number of hours you plan on being awake today. (For example, I plan on being awake nine hours.)
2. Count out one almond for each hour. (9 x 1 = 9) That's nine almonds.
3. Every hour eat the almond. **

This keeps your metabolism going. Remember your body is a furnace and requires fuel to keep it going. One little almond is all you need.

Why not try this along with your medical weight loss routine for your run-up to the beach? If you're not too overweight at this point, it should help you! If you're extremely overweight and require emergency weight-loss surgery, then I imagine you'll have to wait until Autumn time to go to the beach.

I think there are many many people in your situation right now, gearing up for a summer trip. So have a good time, and count out those almonds. See you at the beach!

** If necessary, drink vegetable broth (sparingly) for strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment