The Von Merzenburg Fund for New Initiatives

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What Kind of Whore am I?

Dear Franz,

Someone who I thought was a "friend", I've heard,  has been calling me a whore behind my back. I can't believe it! I'm merely a very open minded, independent, woman - who happens to have a sex-positive attitude. How can I confront her?

Gentle Whore,

I do hope you know (everyone else does) that "sex-positive" just really means: "slutty." Come now.
But that doesn't mean that you can't live the way you want to (no matter how...... salacious) . It's just like everything else. You are perceived by what people know about you. Which just means, you can do anything in the world as long as nobody knows. Contracting a social disease or becoming impregnated are the worst cases of letting people know what you've been up to. Otherwise - no worries. So do whatever you want - just remember: Shhhhhhh.........

No comments:

Post a Comment