The Von Merzenburg Fund for New Initiatives

Monday, March 15, 2010

Money, Part....


Unloading property doesn't have to be a humiliating experience. And it can be your financial gain. I've done it, and I want to do it again.

First there was a cabin in Switzerland that apparently needed major repair, and since we didn't feel like it, we sold it. Apparently I spent time there as a child with either my father or my mother. I never went there anyway, so I didn't notice it. I really prefer a loge, where you don't have to send a crew a week in advance to heat the place up and clean. Who wants to deal with that? I sure don't.

And currently, I am in a legal battle with my brother. I'm trying to sell a five story house in Manhattan. I have to say that I really don't like New York anymore. I find that 1. half the people I meet are starfuckers, whilst 2. the other half walk on the wrong side of the sidewalk. It makes me want to scream.

You see, my mother bought this property in the late sixties. She took me there as a baby to have a silkscreen made by Andy Warhol. Well, wouldn't you know - while we there he was shot! Shot by some crazed lesbian. I know it's bad to say, but - you should really read this woman's manifesto - it had me laughing like you could not believe! But I hate that, in the end, Andy never did my portrait. By the late seventies, everyone was having them done - and my mother wanted to no part of it. I wish I was more of a "rebellious teen", and would have told her to f off (as I finally got around to doing in the 90's.) Sometime I think of how good it would look over my guest bed in London, and I get so upset.

Well, while mother was in New York, she decided to stay for a while and learn English. Therefore, she bought Carrington Place on the Upper East Side. It really is pretty, prettier than the neighboring houses, but again I never go there.

So why do I want to sell it? Yes, the Beatrix III is being remodeled from stern to poop, but that is not the reason why. The reason why is that it is now worth 15 million dollars and mother put it in my name! And I don't go there! Hey. I've been working hard on this blog and I deserve a little down time - without any questions from the money man! Who can argue with that?

When my brother Felix loses in court, it's one less thing I have to worry about AND it's 15 million dollars in cash. It warms my heart when I think how much fun I am going to have when it's gone. I just think of a year on the Beatrix III - overly staffed for a change. Nobody does that anymore! And, I think it goes without saying: everybody deserves a little luxury now and then.

Now, I ask you again: who can argue with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment