The Von Merzenburg Fund for New Initiatives

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A little late for Bikini Season

This is a little late for the bikini season in America, but these are things I picked up from some friends in Sardinia!

Dear Franz,

I liked your advice about losing weight: Never eat unless you're with someone else. Do you have any thing else?

Dear Reader,

That really should work for everyone. Never eat unless you're with someone. For those of you who don't know, it's really just so everyone can say, "I don't know how they stay so slender, I always see them eating!"... But take it easy. Like everything else - use moderation. Only eat when you're with other, and in moderation. Maybe I forgot to say that.

But one of the best things I picked up this summer from some friends, and I won't say who - they'd kill me! One of the best things to do is to fool your metabolism by eating one almond an hour! I don't know why I never thought of that myself. So if you stay awake for say, 9 hours a day, always take with you 9 almonds! And reader - one almond an hour and nothing else! Save those calories for going out to dinner or a party. And remember moderation!

Here's a lesson for everyone regarding moderation. And I have no problem using her name, as we are not speaking this month. It was soprano Dawn Upshaw (sorry, Dawn!) and apparently she was using the almond trick, or at least trying. We were at a party that evening at 21 and she made a spectacle of herself, by gorging just about everything in sight. It was revolting! Apparently she ate so much that she vomited in the ladies room (Uninduced, mind you and I heard Renee Flemming had to hold her hair back, I don't know if that's true). So you can imagine what everyone was calling her: Upchuck. ... Writing this I almost feel sorry for her. But not really. She knows where to find me if she wants to apologize....

But not to get too far off the subject. The other weight loss trick I heard this summer is this - and it's a variation on an oldie but goodie: Wrap yourself in plastic, underneath your work out clothes, and walk on the treadmill at varying speeds for lengthy amount of time. Four hours is recommended, but if you can't do that, just find your own exercise trick. I don't know what else to tell you.

Except this: Another source told me that a bottle of magnesium citrate first thing in the morning the day after a party cancels out all the effects of the night before. This must be followed by a two day fast. Drink vegetable broth only to maintain strength.

Best of luck to all you snowbirds out there - See you in Rio!

No comments:

Post a Comment