The Von Merzenburg Fund for New Initiatives

Friday, December 10, 2010

Infidelity..


Dear Franz,

I had an affair with a married man for about nine months. I broke it off after finally realizing it wasn't going anywhere and he was lying to me about his intentions. Part of me wants him to feel pain for his actions. I want to contact his spouse anonymously and tell him not to trust him. Most of my friends advise against this, while a few tell me to go ahead. What do you think? -

Dear Adulterer,

I love questions about Adultery! Something about them, just brings me to life! First things first. I have to put you in your place:

1. Where did you think that the relationship was going to go? Did you think it would end well?
2. You are the homewrecker.

That being said: There are a MILLION ways you contact his spouse!

Princess Maxima and I have even thought about writing a book about it. She is really good about finding new ways. But let me give you the basics:

1. They never believe you. The first thing you must do is hire a private detective. (that must be the most fun job in the world). Get all the evidence you can. There is NOTHING in the world like seeing a smirk just disappear from someone's face, is there? I think that's one of life's "simple" pleasures.

2. Be cool about it, and have fun! You have to remember that bitterness is never attractive. Just do what you have to do, and take comfort in the fact that you have the upper hand.

3. If the marriage does break up and your lover wants you back, give it some time. You don't want to look desperate. I think desparity is as unattractive as bitterness. And remember: Once a cheater - always a cheater! Keep that private detective on your payroll.

I wish you the best. Viel Glück!

No comments:

Post a Comment